This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Dependency issues in setup.ini.
- From: "Sam Edge (Cygwin)" <sam dot edge dot cygwin at gmx dot com>
- To: "Cygwin (maillist)" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 21:16:17 +0100
- Subject: Dependency issues in setup.ini.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've been developing a Python package that can interrogate and
manipulate local package caches (the directories where setupXXX.exe
keeps its downloads) and installation databases (from Cygwin
/etc/setup/installed.db files) with a mind to pruning, merging and
reporting in the spiript of Michael A. Chase's 'clean_setup' utility but
as a scriptable tool set rather than a stand-alone utility.
It's not production ready yet but it's already flagged up some issues.
For example we have lots of dependency loops in the 'requires' fields in
setup.ini - even to the point that some packages depend upon themselves!
And also we have some dependency omissions. For example, mintty doesn't
depend upon anything - it has no requires field. Surely, every binary
package should depend at least upon 'cygwin'?
Is this a known issue or should I report in more detail?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple