Re: Can I change the windows icon from command line?

On 2017-10-31 20:41, P RC wrote:
> Is it possible to change the current Cygwin window's icon from command line?
> I used to ssh to multiple servers from cygwin tabs within ConEmu.
> Changing icon will be greatly helpful to make sure which machine I am on at
> the first glance at the tabs.
As far as I know, you can only specify an icon before startup in a Windows
shortcut, or on a mintty command line.
A window icon may be changeable after a window is created some Windows utility
which provides that specific function.
If you are using mintty windows, you can run each with different options for
-i, --icon FILE[,INDEX], and you may also want to customize -p, --position X,Y;
these can also be specified using additional config files and config directories.

You can create Windows shortcuts with custom icons for mintty, ssh, or any other
console program using Cygwin mkshortcut options -i, --icon=FILE and -j,
--iconoffset=INDEX.
With mintty, Windows shortcut icons are used for the window icon, unless
overriden by config commands or command line options.

You can however, change mintty, or any xterm, window *title*, using well known
escape sequences from the target system, including from prompt strings.
You can also change any Windows cmd console window title using the internal
command title.