Solution to terrible performance in Cygwin under VPN

               We did some debugging, and we eventually traced the problem down to using Cygwin downloaded by userid@oncorems.com<mailto:userid@oncorems.com> after our userid was updated to userid@neotech.com<mailto:userid@neotech.com>.  Something must be cached somewhere, and the discrepancy between the domains slows down commands tremendously.  We following the steps for Uninstalling Cygwin from Windows, reinstalled it as userid@neotech.com<mailto:userid@neotech.com>, and now our performance is back to what it was before.

Chuck Wilde
408.914.8223
NEOTech
Naperville, IL USA

“The recipient of this e-mail acknowledges and understands that certain information contained in this email or in an attachment to this e-mail may be subject to export controls and restrictions including, but not limited to, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) or the sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). The recipient agrees not to disclose, transfer, or otherwise export or re-export any technical data or other Controlled information to any Foreign Person (including any foreign national, foreign business or foreign government), whether in the United States or abroad, without fully complying with U.S. export control regulations, including obtaining any necessary license or other prior authorization required from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government.”