Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygnal 2.8.99.97.

On 2017-11-23 11:20, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-11-23 10:28, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> On 2017-11-20 08:42, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>>> Cygnal (http://www.kylheku.com/cygnal/) is a replacement for "cygwin1.dll" which
>>> provides native-Windows-app behaviors.
>>>
>>> The basic idea, scope and aim of the project is that programs built in the
>>> Cygwin environment with its native compiler can be deployed with Cygnal as
>>> native Windows programs.
>>>
>>> This is the first release of Cygnal since August 2016.
>>>
>>> In this release, Cygnal has been rebased to Cygwin 2.9.0, from the previous 2.5.2.
>>
>> This notice did not appear on cygwin-announce list.
>
> Nor should it have, as this is really off topic for this list.

Sorry, it was not obvious to me that this was *NOT* an official announcement,
Cygnal is *NOT* a Cygwin package,
and should *NOT* have been posted with that subject prefix:
that post is deceptive.

Could we possibly have sourceware filter or bounce announcement posts with that
subject prefix, unless they come from the current maintainer(s), via the
cygwin-announce list, or the package update process, or have posts signed with a
key or cert, whichever is doable and secure?