This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issues hiding /dev virtual directory from SFTP users
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: snorthrop at moog dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 02:59:48 +0300
- Subject: Re: Issues hiding /dev virtual directory from SFTP users
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <2512145081DA00479295CF769D4C8F350128B3517D@BNVMMSX0A61086A.polysci.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I am trying to get sftp secured using OpenSSH. I have been able to jail
> the users to their home directory and remove the cygdrive virtual directory
> from showing but I have been unable to get the /dev virtual directory
> removed from the users when they SFTP. In the past I have been able to just
> add "/dev /null none bind" to the fstab file but that no longer works.
> Can anyone suggest how I may be able to accomplish this with CYGWIN_NT-6.3 and openssh 7.6p 1-1 ?
If you jail the user to their home directory, they shouldn't be able to see
the Cygwin root in first place.
I don't understand your issue.
With best regards,
Tuesday, November 28, 2017 02:58:54
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple