Re: mksetupini fails validating packages because curr is test

I use git repository on github to store the files. And to update it I
clone the repo, run mksetupini and then commit and push.
So, I'm not sure what actually is going on with mtime of the files
there. Perhaps git messes up the mtime of cloned files.

But why is this check of mtime needed at all? Isn't version number
enough for tracking earlier-later files?

Br,
Ivan