This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How to handle changed user ID
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 08:50:18 +0100
- Subject: How to handle changed user ID
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I had to delete a corrupted Windows account and recreate it.
For cygwin, the new account, although with the same name, has a
different user id.
Of course, this creates access problems for existing files (even if they
appear to have the same user in ls -l, because the *old user* is still
listed in /etc/passwd).
Is there a canonical solution to this problem, other than running chown
-R $USER ~ ?
Can the new user be forced to use the previous user ID?
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple