Re: libnet on cygwin: how to deal with libpcap?

On mar, 2017-12-12 at 09:07 -0700, Brian Inglis wrote:
> > I need to install libnet and I found on various sites [2][3] that
> > the
> > only one way to install the prerequisite libpcap is to extract the
> > Developer Pack [4] into cygwin. I did it, I run all the tests and
> > the
> > pcap library seemed to work pretty well. So I run the configure
> > file
> > the latest available version of libnet and I was able to create the
> > Makefile. My problem comes running the "make" command, because the
> > libpcap library includes winsock2.h while libnet is based on
> > socket.h.
> > Is this definitely an incompatibility between the two libraries or
> > there is something which can be done? Does someone know another way
> > install libpcap on cygwin?
> Might want to look at
> http://www.win10pcap.org/ or
> https://github.com/nmap/npcap/ from the nmap project, or both.

I had a look, but I couldn't do too much and decided to go through
another way. Apparently there is a patch that can be applied to the
libnet source files before compiling the library under cygwin. It was
once available under http://mathieu.carbou.free.fr/pub/libnet/1.1.2.1/l
ibnet-cygwin-diffs-1.1.2.1.zip. Is anyone here who has downloaded this
zip file or knows where a copy is available on the link?

Cheers,
Gianpaolo