This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Run command in new window
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 06:28:50 +0300
- Subject: Re: Run command in new window
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2p.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Steven Penny!
> I can run a command line this as expected:
> cygstart sleep 5
> However a command like this is a problem:
> cygstart echo hello
> a new window is open, and the command is run, but the window immediately closes,
> so you do not get to see the output. How can this be resolved?
The usual way - prevent the closing of the new window.
I.e. by adding a sleep.
With best regards,
Monday, December 25, 2017 06:28:12
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple