Re: Explicit dash rebaseall instructions from a CMD.EXE shell requested

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 9:18 AM, Keith Christian wrote:
> So: I tried to execute rebaseall and rebase from a CMD.EXE window under DASH:
>

> Thu 01/04/2018  7:10:13.23 c:\cygwin\bin>dash /bin/rebaseall
> rebaseall: only ash or dash processes are allowed during rebasing
>     Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services.
>     Execute ash (or dash) from Start/Run... or a cmd or command window.
>     Execute '/bin/rebaseall' from ash (or dash).
>

> I briefly searched the mail list and the Cygwin online docs, no
> foolproof (essential here!) instructions to run rebaseall under DASH
> from CMD.EXE.

When I had to rebase, I had to track down and stop all cygwin services
as well.  I went to Windows Task Manager, added the image path name
and sorted by it to find what all from cygwin was still running, and
shut them down.  In my case, cron, sshd, and tftp deamons were
running.  Once *everything* from cygwin was shut down, running dash
inside the CMD shell, and then /bin/rebaseall inside the dash shell
worked for me.

-- Erik