Re: rebase-4.4.3-1 regression: Too many DLLs for available address space

On Jan 11 17:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jan 11 13:32, Christian Franke wrote:
> > After 4.4.3-1 upgrade, rebase always fails on 32- and 64-bit Cygwin:
> >
> > $ rebase -s -T /var/cache/rebase/rebase_all
> > rebase: Too many DLLs for available address space: Cannot allocate memory
>
> Uh, oh, a typo.  That should have been "if (end < 0)", not "if (end <= 0)".
>
> Thanks for noticing.  I'll create an update soon.
>
> > PS: rebase should possibly warn/fail if a 32bit DLL would need to be rebased
> > < 0x38000000.
> > Recent tests on Win10 1703 show that LoadLibrary() always loads such DLLs to
> > other locations.
>
> Warn or fail?  I tend to make this a fail.  There are just too many DLLs
> on 32 bit and I guess this is the future anyway for most people.

Uhm... I think we have a problem here.  I really don't think I have the
most complete 32 bit installation, far from it, but I already have 1121
DLLs with addresses down to 0x37a00000.

If Windows willy-nilly rebases DLLs with start addresses < 0x38000000,
and if rebase starts to disable addresses below 0x38000000, we're in a
bit of a fix...

Corinna

Red Hat