Re: output waring for cygwin process running at setup__.exe

Greetings, Tatsuro MATSUOKA!

>>>  On cygwin setup, one has to kill cygwin process to execute autorebase in
>> the
>>>  end of setup process.
>>>  I think it is better to output worning at start stage setup if cygwin
>>>  process running.
>>
>> I'm not quite sure of the steps you took to come to such conclusion.
>> Can you please explain?
>>

> Sorry for my inadequate description.
> At postinstall stage, cygwin setup execute
> /etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash,
> this sometimes fails when Cygwin process(es) is(are) alive.
> Acooding to http://cygwin.wikia.com/wiki/Rebaseall,
> we have to kill or stop cygwin porcesses and sevices before rebase.
> This is why I propose that warning messages in pre-install stage in cygwin setup.

Sounds about right.
If there's an existing Cygwin install, it is possible to run ps.exe and see if
it find any running Cygwin processes before attempting an update.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...