Re: git checkout altering mode of file [WAS: umask not working?]

On 3/21/2018 6:27 AM, David Allsopp wrote:

> "umask is not a good idea in Windows" - where's that come from? (In the actual scenario where I'm being bitten by this, it's because a git checkout is altering files which were 644 to be 664, so whether it's precisely umask or not, the *change* of permissions is the problem).

Git will also store the mode of the file.  Are you sure the file stored
within git doesn't have the 664 mode?  The other problems are mixing the
various git operators with Cygwin git.  For instance the embedded git of
Netbeans doesn't cooperate well with Cygwin git because of subtle
differences in the native versus Cygwin.

--
cyg Simple