Re: texlive-collection-basic requires Perl to be removed

If you tested it in a VM, then you would have seen that Perl is in the base. I administer dozens of OpenBSD machines for $work. Are you seriously questioning my intelligence to that degree. or are you just that obstinate?

I will admit, that it looks as if you were correct in regards to FreeBSD (I haven't used it in production for years) this is why I said "I do believe it is also in the base system of FreeBSD" and did not present it as fact, I merely offered speculation vis a vis FreeBSD. Regardless, you are patently incorrect in regards to OpenBSD. I have done over 100 installs/upgrades of OpenBSD in the past several months and can confirm, that every time I have installed OpenBSD, Perl has been in the base system.

How do I know this? I run some custom in house Perl programs/scripts that I wrote myself and deploy them on nearly every machine I run. The Perl scripts run from a default install and they do not invoke pkg_add as I am a zealot who likes to run only the base system where possible.

I don't understand why you are refuting my statement so vehemently... this is easy to fact check. Go spin up an OBSD VM and try running a basic perl script on a text file. You will see it works.

Also, by install file sets, I also meant install media, don't be pedantic. Go do some research/testing before you reply again.

Thanks for the "illumination",

Jordan Geoghegan