Re: The DocBook Affair - Part 2

papowell@astart.com writes:
 > 2. Where are the FM's?

I wonder what an "FM" is?

 > I discovered that the format was not quite right,  and I would
 > need to massage the TeX output OR have some of the TeX macro
 > settings modified slightly.

that should not be needed, ever. either its a bug, or your DSSSL is
wrong.

 >     jade                   tex
 > X.smgl -> X.tex     X.tex + jadetex -> X.dvi
 >

 > OK,  I can handle this.
 >
 > (grep /find/ munge munge...)  OK,  I find the jadetex macros.
there are easier ways in your system..

 > Ummm.... uhh...  No 'Guide for the Bewildered' here.
nope. want to write one?

 > Question 1:
 >
 >    Is/where there any documentation on the JadeTex macros available
 >    on line?
depends what you mean by documentation. of the internals, its in the
ltxdoc source. run latex on jadetex.dtx.

http://www.tug.org/applications/jadetex/

 > OK, I know that this is silly,  but unless you have a guide to the
 > various macros that are used for the TeX output,

dont try. use DSSSL, thats what it is for

 > a)  The page numbers are off a bit.  The title page starts as (i)
 >     (roman number i) and is not printed on the page.  In fact,
 >     page numbers are not printed until the TOC usually.
thats DSSSL, not TeX

 > b)  Page numbering then starts,  and continues until you get to
 >     the first section.  Notice that the Preface is numbered using
 >     the roman number stuff.
DSSSSL, not TeX

 > c)  The first section or major division after the TOC restarts
 >     the page number sequence at 1,  and continues on to the
 >     end of the book.
DSSSL, not TeX

 > OK - how do I convince the Jade+ DocBook + JadeTex overall system to
 > do this?
do what?

(rest deleted, relates to jade)

Hope the above is clear. basically, you are not convincing me that you
need to change jadetex, which should be a black box and never need
tweaking.

Sebastian