Re: Re: DOCBOOK: More problems with DocBook and Spanish.

When I omit the atributte lang="es" in the root element of my doc, jade makes this paragraph
from
	"Esto es una &ntilde":
{\def\Element%
{9}}\Par%
{\def\FirstLineStartIndent%
{0\p@}\def\FirstLineStartIndentFactor%
{0}\def\Quadding%
{justify}\def\Hyphenate%
{0}\def\Language%
{EN}\def\sbNom%
{5\p@}\def\sbMin%
{5\p@}\def\sbMax%
{5\p@}\def\sbConditional%
{1}\def\saNom%
{5\p@}\def\saMin%
{5\p@}\def\saMax%
{5\p@}\def\saConditional%
{1}}Esto es una \Entity{ntilde}.\endPar{}\endNode{}\Node%

and LaTeX doesn't complain.

If I use lang="es" jade write:
{1}}Esto es una <here the char ntilde>.\endPar{}\endNode{}\Node%

and LaTeX doesn't complain neither.

So, I'm unable to reproduce your output. What version of Jade/Jadetex are you using.

Mine are Jade 1.2.1 and Jadetex 2.3

Have you the file isoents.tex in the right place of the tex tree.? (I think it is ../tex/jadetex)

Sorry for not being of great help :-(
Regards,

Kevin Conder wrote:

>[snip]
>
> > >         Now I'm getting latex errors.  I am trying to use the "ntilde"
> > > character.  I get the following error:
> > >
> > > ! LaTeX Error: Command \texttilde unavailable in encoding T1.
>
>         This is where it really hurts...
>
>         Have you run across this error before?  Do you I use the ntilde
> (~n) character?  What solution is there?  Is it because the normal T1
> encoded fonts don't contain the ntilde character?  Could you help me with
> this?
>
>         I've tried reading the LaTeX documentation.  If LaTeX is supposed
> to be easier than Tex, then TeX must be impossible to use.  I've seen some
> mention of using either the 'ae' or 'ze' Tex package as an alternative for
> missing T1 fonts.  Has anyone sucessfully printed a ntilde character in
> Spanish language documentation?  Did you have to use the 'ae' package?

> -- Kevin Conder, kevin@kevindumpscore.com (my email)
> -- http://cluster.interaccess.com/~kconder (my homepage)

Juan R. Migoya
Ingelectric-Team, S.A.