Re: Problem with PSGML auto formatting

On Jun 24, 2000, Jirka Kosek <jkj@kosek.cz> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, John R. Sheets wrote:
>
> >  <para>
> >    Before you begin, open the <filename
> >    class="directory">foodir</filename> in a file browser...
> >  </para>
> >
> > PSGML breaks the attribute at the first space and moves it down a line;
> > it also fails to format the rest of that element:
> >
> >  <para>
> >    Before you begin, open the <filename
> >                                         class="directory">foodir</filename>
> > in a file browser...
> >  </para>
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?  I'm running the latest Debian frozen
> > distribution, which includes Emacs 20.6.2 and PSGML 1.2.1.  Anyone know
> > of a patch to PSGML?  Perhaps my version of Emacs is too new for that
> > version of PSGML.
>
> I had same problems in other versions of PSGML and Emacs. I did not
> remember it exactly, but I think that setting sgml-indent to nil solved
> this problem.

Sorry it took so long to reply; I haven't gotten around to checking this
until now.  I tried setting sgml-indent-data to nil, but that seemed to
disable all PCDATA formatting, which is pretty much everything I need to
autoformat.

Oh well.  Thanks anyway.  I'll just have to study up on
elisp and try to fix the problem myself.  Does anyone know if PSGML is
still actively developed?  It looks like there hasn't been a release
since October of last year.

Thanks,
John

--