Re: Problems with funcsynopsis and programlisting

/ Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> was heard to say:
| The "int main(...)" came in the beginning of the gray box,
| disrespecting my instructions to keep programlistings indented by four
| spaces. All the other parts came indented. Here is the code I've used
| to mark it up:

You must be using a custom stylesheet, please send it to me.

|  <funcsynopsis>
|     <funcprototype>
|     </funcprototype>
|  </funcsynopsis>
|
| The second problems regards indentation. Indentation wasn't respected
| while using the above code. I tried to indent the <funcsynopsis> by
| four spaces, but it remained as if there was no space before it,
| disrespecting the programlisting behaviour.

Funcsynopsis is not a verbatim environment, there's no reason to expect
it to obey your spaces. What you're saying, I think, is that you'd like
to have funcsynopsis indented in the output.

| The last problem is with callouts. Look at (3) and (4) below. This is
| an attempt to reproduce the output I got. Wasn't it right to have (3)
| and (4) "glued" to each other? Instead of this whitespace I wanted
| having "(3)(4)".

Please send me the input source.

| And now, my doubt. Is there any way to get
|
| int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
|
| (note the curly brackets instead of the semmicolon)?

No, that's not a funcsynopsis, that's a function. If you want to markup
functions, you can use programlisting or screen.

| Ah! I liked very much that the coded lines didn't counted as program
| lines for the callouts :-)) It allowed me to count the lines on the
| original source code and just add the markup at my document.

I don't follow, but as long as you're happy :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Any idiot can face a crisis; it's