Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: First Open Source Documentation Summit at the O'ReillyOpen Source Convention]]

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 10:55:38AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > Do you use something else?
>
> For smaller DTDs, I developed my own XML->LaTeX translator.

The LDP currently uses its own set of tools, the linuxdoctools
(the former sgmltools1) since docbook is not considered ready to use.

It's easier to add what we want in working tools (sgml2pdf, sgml2rpm for
ex) than waiting on docbook to be usable by each of our authors.

However, we have a team working on the docbook integration within the
LDP (docbooktools), and we provide docbook output from the current
linuxdoctools documents.

In the future, when docbook will be considered ready for production use
we will support both linuxdoctools and docbooktools, after which all our
documents will be in docbook.

Docbook documents are already accepted, but they are separated from the
linuxdoc HOWTOs.

BTW We had interesting discussions regarding docbook with Matt Welsh.

He invited us to meet again at XML'2000 in december -- I'm not sure I
can attend, but we may meet there?

--
Guylhem P. Aznar                               http://www.linuxdoc.org
guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu                    http://www.iMedecin.com