Re: Including C source code in a document

    >> The solution we use with the Linux kernel-docs (in the 2.4
    >> kernel sources) is to use a pre-processing stage and a program
    >> based on the gnome weasel software for translating C sources
    >> into DocBook RefEntries ... the process is not perfect, and it
    >> requires a specific function-header-comment convention, but it
    >> lets us produce current API docs directly from the sources.

    >> Using weasel, you could, for example, create your C API
    >> RefEntry files and then define entities for these to insert
    >> where needed.

    >> Of course, this is only really useful for API documentation; if
    >> you wanted to illustrate algorithms with large stretches of
    >> source files, then the best you could do is to write a wrapper
    >> script to create

    >> <programlisting> <![CDATA[ (include source file) ]]>
    >> </programlisting>

I thought this very interesting. In fact, people here at our Linux
development department (you might know Rik, Acme, and other) have told
me about this usage in Linux Kernel.

Could you send more information on this? I think that other people
here on this list are interested in documenting some APIs or are
interested on this solution for other usage possibilities.

Thanks,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.