Re: Creating Different Output Formats Using DocBook V4.1 XML

Holger Rauch writes:
 > I'm looking for the following formats:
 >
 > - DVI
why?

 > - RTF
 > - MIF
ok

 > - PS
 > - PDF
 > - PCL
these are surely manageable from just one, ie PDF?

 > - HTML
ok

 > - troff (unix man pages)
easy enough.

 > - texinfo
why?

 > - ascii (also taking into account page breaks and tables)
get it from one of the others

 > can be generated with the SGML version of DocBook). What tools do I
 > need? (I was told that "Saxon" is supposed to be a good XSL processor,
 > but I'm not really sure whether it's suitable for my purpose. I just
 > couldn't find any information as to whether it can create output formats
 > other than HTML on the home page.)

an XSLT processor can, if it is conformant, produce at least HTML, XML
and TEXT outputs. troff, texinfo, ascii etc you can do with text
output. HTML is obvious. PS, PDF, PCL all need a formatting engine in
the processing chain - you have to find one.....

sebastian