Re: Getting Rid of Character Entities in DocBook XML Docs

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> / Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch@heitec.de> was heard to say:
> | Do I have to insert a <!DOCTPYE ...> declaration manually in such a
> | case?

Of course.  Think about it -- how should (o)sx know the declaration you
want to use? :)

> I have no idea what the alternatives are, since I basically do the
> switch once and work in XML thereafter.

I don't think that that's a good advise.  Sooner or later you'll
discover that XML lacks some features...  You don't have to insert the
declaration "manually" -- just write a Makefile which will do it for
you.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,