Re: print output

Phillip Shelton wrote:
> Futher to my question on the print output of XML processing, does DOCKBOOK
> have the tags for leaving things out for different audiences? ie do you have
> one doc with the User Guide, Tech Guide, and context sensitive help? Or do
> these have to be three seperate, different docs?

You can use "Marked Sections" for this (see p. 13 in "DocBook;
The Definitive Guide"):

<!ENTITY % userguide   "IGNORE">
<!ENTITY % techguide   "IGNORE">
<!ENTITY % contexthelp "INCLUDE">
<![%userguide;[
... markup which should only appear user guide...
]]>
<![%techguide;[
... markup which should only appear in tech guide ...
]]>
<![%contexthelp;[
... markup which should only appear in context sensitive help ...
]]>

Before processing the desired output change the entities according to
your needs (this could be made "automatic" with some scripting and the
use of a makefile).

Michael
--
Michael Wiedmann, Berlin