RE: newbie question about installing emacs/psgml

Title: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: newbie question about installing emacs/psgml

Thomas and  Marc-Aurčle,
Thank you both. Using the tutorial, I've succeeded in getting emacs installed and working in PSGML mode. I'm having trouble getting it to validate a document though. When I validate a simple test doc (with or without an intentional test error included), I receive the messages below. I suspect I've mistyped something or done something incorrectly during the install, but I don't know where to start looking. Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

With docbookx.dtd:

cd c:/
onsgmls -wxml -s C:/programs/OpenJade-1.3/pubtext/xml.dcl xmltest.xml
onsgmls:C:/programs/OpenJade-1.3/pubtext/xml.dcl:1:W: (invalid message)

SGML validation finished at Thu Oct 19 11:00:50

With docbook.dtd (v. 3.1):

cd c:/
onsgmls -s  test.sgml
onsgmls:<URL>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/docbookx.dtd:74:17:E: (invalid message)
onsgmls:<URL>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/ent/iso-amsa.ent:6:19:E: (invalid message)
onsgmls:<URL>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/ent/iso-amsa.ent:7:19:E: (invalid message)
onsgmls:<URL>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/ent/iso-amsa.ent:8:17:E: (invalid message)

[A bunch of other similar messages]

onsgmls:I: maximum number of errors (200) reached; change with -E option

SGML validation exited abnormally with code 1 at Thu Oct 19 11:06:21