Re: Another website.dtd experience!

At 06:59 AM 11/11/00, madhu wrote:
>Hello,
>
>On Thu, 09 Nov 2000, Ali Saffari wrote:
> > madhu wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
>
> > BTW: Does amybody know why I got this error if
> > I use the build-in parser of SAXON?
> >
> > Fatal error reported by XML parser: bad continuation
> > of multi-byte UTF-8 sequence (character code: 0x63)
> >   Line:   -1
> >   Column: 3570
> > Transform failed:  bad continuation of multi-byte
> > UTF-8 sequence (character code: 0x63)

My guess? Your xml has not specified an input file encoding
in the xml declaration.

Saxon is fussy. When I get files from Europeans I run into this one.
Its a pig to find and change the character on large files, so I try
a few encodings until the error goes.

For Euro sourced files iso-8859-1 is a good bet.
I'd rather not speak for other processors, but I trust Saxon to
get it right.

Regards DaveP