Support for <highlights> in XSL stylesheets?

I find no mention of the <highlights> tag in the
DocBook XSL stylesheets (v1.24).  "DocBook: TDG"
simply states that it should be "formatted as a
displayed block".  As I understand it, <highlights>
always includes some other tag (like <itemizedlist>)
that would give sufficient formatting instructions, so
I put the following hack in my custom stylesheet.  If
this is sufficient, could it be integrated into the
real thing?  Otherwise, any thoughts on what it should
be instead?

<xsl:template match="highlights">
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>