Subject: Re: XML and Technical Writing
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 02:11:03 -0800
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@LEXICA.NET>

At 12:24 3-11-2000 +0530, madhu wrote:
>Having a peek at the source XML markup should be the most interesting feature
>if that is possible.even a part of it but  i understand the book is for
>sale so
><sigh> asking too much i guess.
>but atleast the custom tools used for rendering unto PDF is it posible to get
>some more details on that atleast. since i have used docbook to convert a book
>about 600 pages(in word) the HTML output is extremely good but PDF well!

I don't know what was actually used to produce Steve's book, but I know he
saw some initial drafts produced using
<URL:http://www.oreilly.com/%7Ecrism/dsssl/orastyle/>, which requires Jade,
OpenJade, or another DSSSL engine, and FrameMaker to actually render the
content.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Senior XML Analyst, Lexica LLC
222 Kearny St., Ste. 202, San Francisco, CA 94108-4510

                To tread the sharp edge of a sword
                To run on smooth-frozen ice,
                One needs no footsteps to follow.
                Walk over the cliffs with hands free.