Re: dbmathml processing problem

/ Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> was heard to say:
| Bernd Rosauer writes:
|  > I tried to convert testmath.xml accompanying the dbmathml module to
|  > testmath.pdf. I tried the latest versions of xt + fop, xt + passivetex,
|  > and fop as a standalone resp. fop as a standalone dies because it is
|  > unable to process the file. xt outputs <mml:math><mml:apply>...
|  > unprocessed. Do I use the proper tools (for namespacing)?
|
| the <mml:math> in the output from xt will be recognized by PassiveTeX,
| if all goes well. it _should_ be passing the math through unchanged.

It's my bug. I convert all unknown tags into "&lt;tagname..." so when
Bernd says xt outputs <mml:math>, I think he really means PassiveTeX
outputs <mml:math> because xt outputs "&lt;mml:math&gt;".

I've added support for MathML; it's now passed silently through and
PassiveTeX does indeed do the right thing (for presentational MathML,
anyway :-)

The patch for this is easy, just add

<!-- just send the MathML all the way through... -->
<xsl:template match="mml:*">
  <xsl:element name="{name(.)}">
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>
  </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

To the math.xsl module (with the appropriate xmlns: decl at the top).

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Few men are so sufficiently