Re: DocBook and XML Spy

--- Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> / Rune Enggaard Jensen <r.e.jensen@bigfoot.com> was
> heard to say:
> | [errors with XML Spy in dbpoolx.mod]
>
> This is a bug in XML Spy. If you're not using the
> most recent XML Spy, try upgrading.

The latest release version of XML Spy (3.07) still has
this problem.

On Windows, I have used XMLWriter
(http://www.xmlwriter.net/) for authoring and testing
XML/XSL, including some small DocBook <article>s.  It
has tight integration with MSXML (and MSXML3 if you
install it in replace mode) -- one-touch XML
validation, XSL conversion, XML preview via IE5.  But
it has no on-the-fly validating of attributes or child
elements, which makes it just one step above Notepad
for serious DocBook editing.  Now I use it mostly for
testing XSL stylesheet customizations, since in one
touch I can see the raw HTML/FO output in a window.

For serious DocBook authoring, I use Emacs, even on
Windows.

-M