Print output problem with <formalpara>

Our print output for <formalpara> puts the <para> in a block below the
<title>.  We want the title and body of the formal paragraph to be in
the same block, as in HTML output.  For example:

HTML output (desired):

The title appears here and the para continues
in the same block and it goes and goes and
goes and goes and goes etc.

Current print output (not desired):

The title appears here

and the paragraph starts in a new block,
and it goes and goes and goes and
goes and goes etc.

We've looked at the stylesheets and fiddled with our print stylesheet
customization layer, but no luck so far.

Any suggestions?

Bob

Currently using
DocBook 4.1.2