[Matt Sergeant <matt@sergeant.org>] Open Source XMLEditor

Forwarded from xml-dev [with one small correction to the URL] because
lots of people have asked about things like this. Follow-ups to xml-dev,
please.

I've been holding off on this so that xml.com could publish the article,
but for those wanting an open source XML document editor, you may find
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/02/07/openoffice.html interesting.

default save format), use tools I wrote to convert to docbook, or other
formats, and you have a perfect tool for the job (IMHO).

Alternatively, with AxKit, you can store OpenOffice files directly on the
web server, and AxKit will detect them, extract the Content.xml from the
zip package, transform to docbook, and then write a stylesheet of your
choice to transform to something renderable. See that in action at
http://take23.org/articles/2001/02/05/axkit.sxw (thats an openoffice
Writer 6.0 file, which you can download in "raw" format by passing a
querystring passthru=1 - save the file and try unzip or winzip on it).

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\