Re: Problem converting DB to PDF...

Nik Clayton wrote on 010210 00:27 +0000:
>   a few times, to generate the .pdf file.
>
>   That's that, pretty much.  You can see BSD style .mk files that
>   implement all of this, at
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/doc/share/mk/
>
>   and pay particular attention to doc.docbook.mk.  I'm not aware of any
>   Linux distributions (with scripts like dbtopdf) that make this level
>   of customisation possible.  Of course, it would be trivial for you to
>   implement your own replacement scripts which do this.  The FreeBSD
>   make(1) approach is, of course, there for the taking, and I'm happy to
>   discuss it further on either this list, or doc@freebsd.org.

I fetched the above mentioned FreeBSD Makefiles and adapted them
especially to Debian/GNU Linux (pathnames, etc.). Up to now there is no
additional documentation except the .mk files itself - and the original
posting of Nik of course!

You will find a tarball at: http://www.miwie.org/docbkmake/

Feedback is welcome :-)

Michael
PS: The FreeBSD .mk files are Berkeley Make Makefiles, so you need a
    compatible Berkeley Make on your system (pmake for Debian).
--
mw@miwie.in-berlin.de                              http://www.miwie.org
mw@miwie.org                                       http://wap.miwie.org