Re: Does JadeTeX work? (& Juan's response)

I have looked again at the last manual I have done to be sure. Here are
my answers:

David Nelson wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 10:58:48AM +0100, Juan R. Migoya wrote:
> > I'm using Jadetex 3.4, DSSSL 1.62 and Jade 1.2.1 and it works fine.
>
> Okay, but could I just confirm what you mean by "fine"?  Specifically,
> can you tell me if you see any of these behaviours when you use
> JadeTeX:
>
> 1. Erroneous page numbers: when a figure or a section near the bottom
>    of a page gets wrapped over to the next page, the page number in
>    the Table of Contents/List of Figures is the previous page (n-1),
>    not the actual page (n).

Definitely not: I have sections (SECT!, SECT", etc...) wraped to the next
page and the TOC points to the begining of the section.
With list of figures and tables you are right: The list points to the previous
page.

> 2. The DSSSL print stylesheet setting %two-side% is ignored.  Or, in
>    one-sided mode, extra blank pages appear at the end of chapters
>    etc.

It isn't ignored: I get diferent position for headers on odd than on even pages.
The same for footers. The same for margins.

> 3. Page number restarts are ignored.  So, instead of having small
>    Roman pages in the front matter (i, ii, iii...) and restarted
>    Arabic numbers in the body matter (1, 2, 3...), you just get Arabic
>    numbers all the way through.

Sorry: I don't use restart page feature.

Regards,

Juan R. Migoya