Docbook XSL, Slides, and/or processing problem.

Hi, everyone.

I'm having a problem generating slides from Norm Walsh's Slides
1.1 package...

First thing I did was to change slides.xsl to point to the appropriate
place in my filesystem for html/chunk.xsl.  Tried XT/XP on it, and got this:

socket@laptop:~/research/sgml/slides$ echo $CLASSPATH
/home/socket/research/sgml/xt/xt.jar:/home/socket/research/sgml/xt/sax.jar:/home/socket/research/sgml/xp/xp.jar
socket@laptop:~/research/sgml/slides$ java com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver blug.xml slides.xsl
write.chunk: no such named template

I also dragged out Mozilla, installed their xslt processor,
TransforMiiX, made the following text line 2 of blug.xml:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="slides.xsl"?>

and tried loading it.  Blank browser window.  I then changed
'slides.xsl' in that string to 'slidesfo.xsl' (and pointed
slidesfo.xsl to the appropriate place in the Docbook XSL tree), which
made the text between the tags show up as though Mozilla was treating
the XML as though it were HTML.

Now, I'm not terribly attached to the idea of getting TransforMiiX to
work, but I'd like some slides, somehow.  A message I found on
docbook-apps archives suggests that there could be an error in the
Docbook XSL.[1] ... except that I'm using the latest version of
Docbook XSL from Norm's website, 1.29.  The relevant chunk of code has
been modified several times since the thread, and I don't know XSL
well enough to fix it.

I'm downloading 4Suite's tools and Xalan to try in the meantime, in
case the problem is with XT/XP.

I'm getting desperate, having spent all day trying to get slides
without succes.  Any advice, short of changing Linux distributions,
would be greatly appreciated.  I'm running Debian stable 2.2, and
can't afford to move to unstable or switch distros just now.