Re: *Experimental* DocBook XSL Stylesheets V1.30 released

/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:

| >*** THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL RELEASE ***
|
| Noted:-)
|
| Summary.
| for chunking use Xalan V2. (mostly).
| For extensions use Xalan V2.

Or Saxon 6.0. Hopefully whatever comes after 6.2.1 will have
saxon:output again and then that'll be a stable distribution.

| xt is OK for docbook, seperate top level file?

Yes. To avoid the key() problems in index.xsl.

| What about website?
|   Xalan V2 again?
|     since it needs chunking and extensions?

If you tweak the website stylesheets to import xtdocbook.xsl, you can
use XT. (Ugh. What a combinatorial mess.)

| >- extensions/xalan.jar for Xalan2
| >- extensions/saxon551.jar for Saxon 5.5.1
| >- extensions/saxon6 for Saxon 6.0
| >- extensions/saxon61 for Saxon 6.2.1 or later
|
| Are these stylsheet parameters (and param file options?)
|  or just include the right jar file in classpath?

Include the right jar in the classpath. And don't include any other
extension jars. (Rather than have n-different packages, these are now
effectively different implementations of the same package.)

You'll also have to turn on the extensions (use.extensions=1).

Better documentation is rising on my priority list...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Nothing ever gets anywhere. The