Re: DSSSL HTML stylesheets problem with table rowsepandcolsep

Norman Walsh wrote:

> | What I'm trying to accomplish is a table like this:
> |
> |     head      |  head2   | head3
> |   ------------+----------+-------------
> |     data      |  data    | data
>
> How do you do that in HTML? HTML supports tables with all borders or
> none, nothing in between.

HTML 4.0 introduces two new attributes for table element - frame and
rules. They are able to do things like this. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#h-11.3.1

------------------------------------

11.3.1 Borders and rules

The following attributes affect a table's external frame and internal
rules.

Attribute definitions

frame = void|above|below|hsides|lhs|rhs|vsides|box|border [CI]
This attribute specifies which sides of the frame surrounding a table
will be visible. Possible values:
void: No sides. This is the default value.
above: The top side only.
below: The bottom side only.
hsides: The top and bottom sides only.
vsides: The right and left sides only.
lhs: The left-hand side only.
rhs: The right-hand side only.
box: All four sides.
border: All four sides.

rules = none|groups|rows|cols|all [CI]
This attribute specifies which rules will appear between cells within a
table. The rendering of rules is user agent dependent. Possible values:
none: No rules. This is the default value.
groups: Rules will appear between row groups (see THEAD, TFOOT, and
TBODY) and column groups (see COLGROUP and COL) only.
rows: Rules will appear between rows only.
cols: Rules will appear between columns only.
all: Rules will appear between all rows and columns.