Re: Re: Problems with Xalan and XT

Bob Stayton a écrit :

> > From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
> >
> > / ben <nicolas.marsgui@libertysurf.fr> was heard to say:
> > | * When I want an HTML document splitted in several files, I do:
> > |
> > |   java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in myfile.xml -xsl
> > | /path/to/docbook/html/chunk.xsl
> >
> > Use html/xtchunk.xsl
>
> Um, not when he's using xalan.  I'm currently
> using the 1.34 XSL stylesheets with XalanJ2, and
> I include extensions/xalan2.jar from your distribution
> in my CLASSPATH so that chunking works.

Thanks for quick your answers!

I've updated to 1.34 XSL too, but I still have a problem with Xalan2: it
fails with the following message:

XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException): -3

When I chunk with XT (xtchunck) it works, even if I have some rendering
problems in Netscape  4.72:
* The expected lines below the header navigation table and above the
footer navigation table do not appear.
* After "Next", "Prev", etc. I have strange signs: "Â| "

To prevent from this I've redefined in a local stylesheet the
footer.navigation and header.navigation templates in which I replace:

* <hr/> by
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;hr&gt;</xsl:text> to have
the navigation line delimiter appearing.
* <xsl:text>&#160;</xsl:text> by
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;nbsp;</xsl:text> to remove
the strange characters.

However I don't know if it is the right thing to do...

BG