Re: Inserting eps or pdf documents into a DocBookdocument

At 10:38 AM 4/10/01 -0400, Dan York wrote:
>Richard,
>
>> What will it take to get DocBook to accept a PDF or EPS file for graphics?
>
>*All* I use for the graphics in my printed manual are EPS files. Something
>like 45 or 50 of them in the file.  Works perfectly fine for me.
>Most of them are actually screen shots in Linux which were taken using
>the Gimp (graphics tool) and then saved as EPS (for printing) and JPEG
>(for online version).
>
>To create my PDF manual, I've used a number of different tools, but have
>now settled on 'sgml2x' (http://sgml2x.sourceforge.net/) which is
>really simply a frontend to openjade and JadeTex.... it works perfectly
>fine with EPS files.

Hmmm, I don't understand what the sgml2x does?

I have managed to get DocBook to understand PDF as a graphic format. A
small change to the DTD and to dbparams.dsl was required ... However, the
EPS route looks simpler ... Man the graphics look much better than saving
my drawings as PNG.

>Regards,
>Dan

Regards