Re: Chunk wish

/ ben <nicolas.marsgui@libertysurf.fr> was heard to say:
| I think it could be interesting to specify at which level you want the
| document splitted. In the current implementation it splits for each
| section, and I would like to have some new variable (such as
| chunk.level) through wich you could say to split for each chapter, each
| part, etc.

Chunking is not a simple task. The stylesheet has to calculate all
sorts of navigation information (previous, next, up, and home links),
and calculate the right filename for every cross-reference target.
And as of a few minutes ago, correctly handle footnote processing :-)

I'd love to allow more easily customized chunking, but I haven't
figured out how just yet. In order to change it, you have to override
a small number of templates. Look in chunk-common for an example.

Perhaps it would make sense to provide several "chunking" variants.
In addition to what is supported now, what other variations would
people like to see?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--