Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets V1.38

Another experimental release. Please test this if you can, I'd like to
make a real release of it asap. (I don't plan to do any more
development work before a new, non-experimental release.)

See http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/

Release notes for the DocBook XSL Stylesheets version 1.38
This is an experimental release.

IMPORTANT WARNING: Saxon implements include/import processing
incorrectly.  As a result, some stylesheets may silently perform the
wrong transformation if Saxon is used. The xslt-include-import-test
release in the DocBook project at SourceForge includes a small example
that you can use to test your favorite implementation.

Added Serbian localization

Added support for Saxon 6.3 extension functions

Updated Xalan extensions for Xalan 2.0.1 (older versions of Xalan 2.*
may no longer work)

Lots of bug fixes, see the WhatsNew file

WhatsNew
--------

Changes since version 1.37 (2001-04-20)

Changes to docbook/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.38 released.

Changes to docbook/common/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* labels.xsl: Tweak for section labels in articles
  |
  | 2001-05-12  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* common.xsl: Added refsect* to the section.level template
  |
  | 2001-05-04  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore, Makefile, l10n.xml: Add Serbian localization
  |
  | 2001-04-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* common.xsl: My first crude attempts at support for qandaset

Changes to docbook/docsrc/*

  | 2001-05-13  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* xsl2jref.xsl: Include param.xsl for chunker

Changes to docbook/extensions/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: Tweak Makefile for Saxon 6.3

Changes to docbook/fo/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* callout.xsl, verbatim.xsl: Move calculation of linenumber.*
  | 	  parameters into the number.rtf.lines template
  |
  | 	* titlepage.templates.xml: Reworked titlepage template
  | 	  processing to support use of more interesting predicates.
  | 	  Note: in previous versions, at most one title, subtitle, or
  | 	  titleabbrev element would be processed for each title page.
  | 	  In the new design, if you have multiple title, subtitle, or
  | 	  titleabbrev elements inside an info wrapper (you
  | 	  shouldn't!), they will all be processed.
  |
  | 2001-05-18  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* sections.xsl: Fix subtitle bug
  |
  | 2001-05-12  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* sections.xsl: Calculate the heading level for bridgeheads
  |
  | 2001-05-04  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* docbook.xsl: Replace hardcoded values on fo:root with
  | 	  parameters
  |
  | 2001-05-03  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* biblio.xsl: Render author names correctly in bibliomixed
  | 	  mode
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl: Tweak available graphics formats
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Added support for class="xmlpi" and "emptytag".
  | 	  Rendering of attributes is in sync with HTML stylesheet
  | 	  (monospace instead of normal).
  |
  | 	* param.xsl, verbatim.xsl: Created verbatim and
  | 	  monospace.verbatim property sets
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Process head/body/foot in the right order
  |
  | 2001-04-26  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Improve procedure step/substep enumeration
  |
  | 2001-04-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* qandaset.xsl: My first crude attempts at support for
  | 	  qandaset

Changes to docbook/html/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autotoc.xsl: Make the TOC label/title separator a parameter
  |
  | 	* callout.xsl, verbatim.xsl: Move calculation of linenumber.*
  | 	  parameters into the number.rtf.lines template
  |
  | 	* changebars.xsl: Add link and member as inlines
  |
  | 	* sections.xsl: Refactor the section title code
  |
  | 	* titlepage.templates.xml: Reworked titlepage template
  | 	  processing to support use of more interesting predicates.
  | 	  Note: in previous versions, at most one title, subtitle, or
  | 	  titleabbrev element would be processed for each title page.
  | 	  In the new design, if you have multiple title, subtitle, or
  | 	  titleabbrev elements inside an info wrapper (you
  | 	  shouldn't!), they will all be processed.
  |
  | 2001-05-13  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* param.xsl: Fixed ID typo
  |
  | 	* synop.xsl: Fixed synopfragmentref link (suggested by
  | 	  Philippe Martin)
  |
  | 2001-05-12  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autotoc.xsl, param.xsl: Mostly failed attempt to add
  | 	  bridgeheads to the automatic TOC; this option is turned off
  | 	  by default and you should leave it that way.
  |
  | 	* sections.xsl: Calculate the heading level for bridgeheads
  |
  | 2001-05-03  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Output anchors for procedures and steps
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Process head/body/foot in the right order
  |
  | 2001-04-29  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* chunk-common.xsl, chunk.xsl, xtchunk.xsl: Automatically make
  | 	  an index when chunking with a processor other than XT
  |
  | 2001-04-26  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* changebars.xsl: Support a few more elements
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Make glossterms hot if they're links. And make
  | 	  them italic.
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Improve procedure step/substep enumeration
  |
  | 2001-04-24  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* chunk-common.xsl: Feature request 416507: added
  | 	  chunk.sections and chunk.first.sections to provide greater
  | 	  chunking flexibility
  |
  | 	* chunk-common.xsl: Fix chunking bug
  |
  | 	* chunker.xsl: Output ID in message
  |
  | 	* glossary.xsl: Fix bug that caused duplicated glossary
  | 	  entries
  |
  | 	* qandaset.xsl: Bug #418100: fix qandaentry anchors; also
  | 	  fixed formatting bug in questions with indexterms
  |
  | 2001-04-21  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* chunker.xsl, param.xsl: Added parameters for changing output
  | 	  encoding in chunked HTML
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Improve processing of trademarks

Changes to docbook/template/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* titlepage.xsl: Reworked titlepage template processing to
  | 	  support use of more interesting predicates. Note: in
  | 	  previous versions, at most one title, subtitle, or
  | 	  titleabbrev element would be processed for each title page.
  | 	  In the new design, if you have multiple title, subtitle, or
  | 	  titleabbrev elements inside an info wrapper (you
  | 	  shouldn't!), they will all be processed.

Changes to docbook/htmlhelp/*

  | 2001-05-05  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* htmlhelp-common.xsl: Colophon is now included in toc.hhc
  |
  | 2001-04-21  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* README: Removed obsolete file

Changes to docbook/javahelp/*

  | 2001-05-20  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* javahelp-common.xsl: Fixed bug #425149, colphons and
  | 	  articles inside book are now handled

Changes to docbook/extensions/saxon63/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* prj.el: New file.
  |
  | 2001-05-13  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: New file.

Changes to docbook/htmlhelp/doc/*

  | 2001-04-22  Jirka Kosek <kosek@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* htmlhelp.xml: Updated encoding issues for non-English
  | 	  languages

Changes to docbook/extensions/saxon61/com/nwalsh/saxon/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* NumberLinesEmitter.java: Fixed bug in implementation of
  | 	  skipThisElement

Changes to docbook/extensions/saxon551/com/nwalsh/saxon/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Verbatim.java: Make sure elementStack is initialized

Changes to docbook/extensions/xalan2/com/nwalsh/xalan/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* FormatCallout.java, Table.java, Verbatim.java: Updates for
  | 	  Xalan 2.0.x API as released by Apache

Changes to docbook/extensions/saxon63/com/nwalsh/saxon/*

  | 2001-05-21  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* CalloutEmitter.java, ColumnScanEmitter.java,
  | 	  ColumnUpdateEmitter.java, CopyEmitter.java,
  | 	  LineCountEmitter.java, NumberLinesEmitter.java,
  | 	  Verbatim.java: Updates for Saxon 6.3 API
  |
  | 	* NumberLinesEmitter.java: Fixed bug in implementation of
  | 	  skipThisElement
  |
  | 2001-05-13  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* CVS.java, Callout.java, CalloutEmitter.java,
  | 	  ColumnScanEmitter.java, ColumnUpdateEmitter.java,
  | 	  CopyEmitter.java, FormatCallout.java,
  | 	  FormatGraphicCallout.java, FormatTextCallout.java,
  | 	  FormatUnicodeCallout.java, LineCountEmitter.java,
  | 	  NumberLinesEmitter.java, Table.java, Text.java,
  | 	  TextFactory.java, Verbatim.java, package.html: New file.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | More men become good through