Re: Re: DOCBOOK: xref or link?

That did the trick.  Of course, we had to modify each of "appendix",
"sect1", "sect2" ... to get all those elements as well.  And we had to
include the common/dblen.ent as an entity to have all the entities
resolve, using this line at the top of our customized stylesheet:

<!ENTITY % en.words SYSTEM
"/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/common/dbl1en.ent"> %en.words

Thank you very much Jirka.

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Make chapter target of your xref and then change rendering of xref in
> DSSSL stylesheet. Look at file common/dbl1en.dsl and modify following
> lines
>
>         (list (normalize "chapter")     (if %chapter-autolabel%
>                                             "&Chapter; %n"
>                                             "the &chapter; called %t"))

>         (list (normalize "chapter")     (if %chapter-autolabel%
>                                             "&Chapter; %n - %t"
>                                             "the &chapter; called %t"))
>
> %t is substitued by chapter title. Cleaner method than directly
> modifying stylesheets is place whole (en-xref-strings) definition into
> your customized stylesheet.

Cheerio!

Bob

Robert McIlvride (robert@cogent.ca)