Q. DocBook and PSGML using split document

Hi,

I couldn't find a PSGML for dummies for the following question.

DocBook provides a way scaling up a document and breaking it into
pieces and identifying the pieces with entities that have the actual
file name.

The problem is that I can't edit the pieces because the DOCTYPE
declaration
is missing on purpose. PSGML provides Emacs with that neat way of
providing
clues so that the parent file is specified. I've read the PSGML docs and
just can't figure out what to put into the various fields (see section
7.2
Using a Split Document). However I try to interpret what's being said
does
not work.

<!--
Local Variables:
sgml-parent-document: (book.xml book* part1 (part*)?)
End:
-->

Can someone provide a small example of the parent and child document
and how to fill in the PSGML clue to Emacs?

-- Jeff