Re: Bad Continuation of Multi-Byte UTF-8 Sequence

/ Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch@heitec.de> was heard to say:
| Hi!
|
| What causes and how do I get rid of the following error:
|
| Fatal error reported by XML parser: bad continuation of multi-byte UTF-8
| sequence (character code: 0x75)

|   Line:   -1
|   Column: 367
| Error
|   org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: bad continuation of multi-byte UTF-8
| sequence (character code: 0x75): bad continuation of multi-byte UTF-8
| sequence (character code: 0x75)
| Transformation failed

My guess is that your document is not really in UTF-8, but is instead
in a locale-specific encoding. Because your XML Declaration doesn't
identify the encoding, the document is interpreted as UTF-8, but your
document contains a series of octets that aren't legal UTF-8.

You should add an XML Declaration

  <?xml version='1.0' encoding='???'?>

that identifies the actual encoding used in your document.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | There is no such thing as an