Re: Table formatting

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 09:05:31AM -0400, Dan York wrote:
> Micah,
>
> > One of my biggest peeves has been the way framed tables are formatted
> > for the tex output - there is absolutely no padding at all between
> > side-rules and the text, which is a somewhat displeasing effect.  I'd
> > been using the 1.3 stylesheets for some time, and just grabbed the
> > latest today, but note that the formatting is still this way.
>
> This is something that has been causing problems for some time but is
> now fixed if you grab the latest copy of JadeTex and apply the patches
> to OpenJade (or grab the development version).  You can find my info
> in the archives at:
>
>   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200102/msg00209.html
>
> You can also search for other solutions at:
>
>   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/
>
> Regards,
> Dan

Dan,

Thank you very much for the help!

I applied the 'all' patch as your message suggested, and openjade
unfortunately started giving erroneous errors (talk about irony), and
segfaulting.  So I downloaded *just* the openjade table patch, and,
"voila!" ...problem solved.

Thanks so much!  This removes what I believe to be the last obstacle
that stood in the way of my accepting the jade/jadetex suite of tools
as the perfect documentation platform.  The others were funky
red-boxed hyperlinks and lack of PDF bookmarks, which were due to
using an old jadetex (RH sucks), and ignorance of the existence of
pdftex, respectively.

Micah