Re: Help! Table formatting with XSL

Norman Walsh wrote:

> The DSSSL stylesheets handle this by keeping a list of the overhang on
> each column. Since XSL doesn't have lists of integers, that's going to
> be considerably more complicated (though I suspect it can be done with
> a string of space delimited integers).

A lot of today's XSLT processor supports something like node-set()
function which converts result tree fragment back to node list. Using
this function together with XPath expressions would be quite easy to
hold and manipulate list structure. Unfortunatelly node-set() function
is not part od XSLT 1.0 spec. However using it will be less burdening
than using some extension mechanism sitting on the top of processor's
API. These APIs are changing quite often - you know.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz