Re: Converting from DocBook/SGML to DocBook/XML

You *can* use sx (osx) to convert.... but the output isn't that friendly
looking....

..I used a simple shell script to convert to lower case. Then patched up
the missing closing tags by hand (and the occasional missing double
quote around attribute values). Which doesn't take very long at all.

I'm still using DSSSL stylesheets with openjade + jadetex for producing
PDF / print output as last time I tried passivetex, jadetex was better
;-). I've not tried fop yet as the permutation of n different java
runtimes, n different XSLT processors is to much of a headache. I'm
really pleased with 1.0 of libxsl though!

But the beauty of the xml stuff is that you can use either XSL or DSSSL
stylesheets and tools.