Re: Re: condition attribute + XSL + doctype declaration

"M.-A. DARCHE" wrote:

> I first changed your proposed stylesheet with replacing "*" by "node()"
> so no nodes (like processing instructions) would be lost in the process.
> But this has had no effect on the doctype declaration :-(

Doctype is not accessible by XPath expressions, so it is not possible to
copy <!DOCTYPE...> by XSLT stylesheet.

> I've also checked http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt.html#output for more
> details without finding out if it is normal or not.
> Any idea how the doctype could be kept without to modify the stylesheet
> each time the doctype changes ??? Anyone ?

It could be possible to write some (e.g. Perl) script, which will add
doctype to the result of transformation.

> Another point that I don't understand is <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>.
> <xsl:copy-of select="*"/> seems to be enough.
> Please could you tell me what does "@*" mean in this context ?

Copy all attribute nodes of current element.

FYI: Next week I will present similar approach to profiling as a part of
DocBook tutorial on O'Reilly Open Source Convetion. I will then submit
there quite universal XSLT stylesheet which is able to take parameters
from command-line and profile document based on userlevel and os
attributes.

	Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz