Re: Re: condition attribute + XSL + doctype declaration

/ "M.-A. DARCHE" <ma.darche@free.fr> was heard to say:
| I had to add
|   doctype-public="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
|   doctype-system="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/docbookx.dtd";
| in <xsl:output> because the doctype declaration
| <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
| "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/docbookx.dtd";>
| is being lost in the process.

Yep.

| I first changed your proposed stylesheet with replacing "*" by "node()"
| so no nodes (like processing instructions) would be lost in the process.

Did you mean "would NOT be lost"?

| But this has had no effect on the doctype declaration :-(

No reason why it should. But I can't say off the top of my head if it
will actually copy comments and PIs.

| Any idea how the doctype could be kept without to modify the stylesheet
| each time the doctype changes ??? Anyone ?

Can't be done. XPath expressions don't have access to the doctype
declaration.

| Another point that I don't understand is <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>.
| <xsl:copy-of select="*"/> seems to be enough.
| Please could you tell me what does "@*" mean in this context ?

It copies the attributes. Using select="*" won't select the
attributes, it selects elements.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--