Re: extension for saxon 6.4.3 broken?

"Bradford, Denis" <denisb@rational.com> writes:

> Would this also be the cause of the error below?
>
> >java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet xmldiffmrg.xml htmlhelp.xsl
>
> Error
>   java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: d
> Transformation failed: run-time errors were reported

You're on Windows, right? And you've got something like this in your
doc instance:

  <?xml-stylesheet
  href="file:///d:/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/html/docbook.xsl"
  type="text/xsl"?>

I think the error message is saying your XSLT engine is confused by
the "d:" -- thinks it's trying to specify a protocol like http:, ftp:
or whatever.

The fix, I think, is to monkey with the number of slashes after the
real protocol identifier -- the "file:" part. That is, take a slash
out or put one more in, then try launching XSLT engine again.