How can I specify monofont for markup <type>

 1) Problem Description:

What do I have to change in the stylesheet
to get a monofont for <type> markup. As it
is, the font does not appear to be different
from the rest of the text. This is true for
a various other markups rendered in HTML.

I don't know much about Xsl stylesheets, but
that is about to change. How do I go about
deciding if I need to over-ride something,
minorly customize something, or completely
re-write something. Is there a procedural
step-by-step that guides one in making
these decisions, or do you just get educated
in Xsl and the answer becomes apparent by
familiarity and experience?

 2) DocBook Xml DTD: V4.1.2
 3) DocBook Style:   V1.41
 4) Style Sheet:     html xtchunk.xsl